“Let your father and mother be glad; let her who bore you rejoice.”
This past Sunday we looked at “Boys Need a Mom”
So what is it exactly that little boys learn from their mothers?
1) How to experience all emotions – Society has taught boys that it’s not “manly” to cry or feel scared. Mothers nurture emotional intelligence in their sons.
2) How to trust – This lesson comes from providing sons with security and safety.
3) Empathy – Moms teach this by pointing out to their sons how their actions make other children/siblings feel.
4) How to show affection – Boys whose moms cuddle and hug and hold and touch them learn how to show a “softer side of love.”
5) How to communicate – Moms who learn about how their sons listen and use that will teach their sons how to listen and communicate.
6) How to respect women – Mothers of boys who are strong and loving refuse to allow their sons to treat them in a disrespectful way.
7) Self-control – Moms are instrumental in teaching boys how to control their impulses.