Prayer Supporter Update for Bob and Karen Hamilton, Jessica, and Christopher
Missionaries on furlough from Benjamin Constant, Amazonas, Brazil
Along with Jimby and Anna; Samuel, Bea and Joshua (still in Brazil)
E-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
“So he fed them according to the integrity of his heart; and guided them by the skilfulness of his hands.” Psalms 78:72
Friday, July 22, 2016
Dear Family and Friends,
- Chris’ mission’s trip with his senior class went well. We are very thankful that he was able to attend Macomb Christian Schools for his last year of high school.
- We are thankful for 55 days on the road that ended yesterday. We visited our two oldest children and their families and enjoyed meeting three of our grandchildren for the first time. Those days went by all too quickly, but we are thankful for the great memories that we are sure will last a long time. We enjoyed tremendously our visits with some of our personal supporters. We are still hoping to see more of you that live in Michigan. Our time with our mission was very encouraging as we reported back to the ABWE board and attended Missionary Enrichment conference. God really blessed our travels as we drove 7211 problem free miles in our ten-year-old minivan.
- Praise God with us that He has provided 100 percent of our needed support! Thank you to all of you that pray and give to make this possible. God has always met all of our needs. We had confidence that He would provide our deficit, but we never cease to be amazed at how He does it, and we are especially thankful for those who respond to His leading.
- We are thankful to report that Karen’s foot pain is greatly diminished. The new footwear she acquired and used the past two months is adequate, and she does not plan to seek further treatment this furlough.
- We were able to visit Karen’s mom at the beginning of our road trip and are thankful for the care God has provided for her. Recently she fell again and broke the one good leg she had left. She came through her surgery well this evening. Please pray for her care and that she will sense God’s grace is enough to sustain her during these difficult times of her life. Her beautiful smile and God-honoring attitudes have strengthened us for years.
- Karen will undergo cataract surgery during August. (Note as of August 8, 2016, The surgeon will not be available during August so her surgeries are now scheduled during September.)She is also scheduled to talk with a specialist concerning a MRI test done a few months back that revealed white spots on her brain. We would appreciate your prayers for God’s intervention that neither of these conditions delay our return to Brazil.
- Please continue praying with us concerning God’s clear leading and provision for Jessica and Chris’ college education. (Note August 8: God has already answered this prayer request! Chris is accepted by and plans to attend Clarks Summit University in Pennsylvania. Jessica has been accepted to do Online Studies with Moody Bible Institute. She will be working at a camp in Tennessee for the next year and taking Online courses.)
- The last week of our road trip, we dropped Jessica off in northeast Tennessee to help for three weeks at the summer camp where she served last summer. She is considering staying on there for the next year while continuing her college studies Online. (August 8, note how this was updated in #3 above.)
- Anna and Jimby shared that they are ready for Karen and I to return and oversee the mission property where they are staying during our furlough. Anna’s TMJ treatments are improving her health, but she is only halfway back to normal. She and Jimby have been asked to care for three orphans and oversee ministries at a small orphanage in Benjamin. The electrical power in Benjamin has been very erratic for the past month or so. Your prayers for God’s clear leading in their lives are much appreciated.
- Samuel shared stories of some of the opportunities and people to whom he and Bea minister. As God brings them to mind, please pray for God to give them wisdom in the many challenges they face. If any would like to receive their prayer updates by email, their address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is our joy to be your missionaries to Amazonas, Brazil. Thank you for all you are doing so we can minister there!
Serving Him together, Bob, Karen, and family
Cell phone until September 2016: 248-513-9974
Our mailing address during this furlough: 16999 Twelve Mile Road, Roseville, MI 48066
Sending Church: Calvary Baptist – 1007 Ecorse Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Serving with: ABWE – The Association of Baptists for World Evangelism, PO 8585, Harrisburg, PA 17105